The VEC Community Fund is a program adopted by the VEC Board of Directors that is intended to strengthen the community by supporting organizations that promote community development and economic security. The concept underscores a basic cooperative principle of neighbor helping neighbor.
Members can participate by:
- Rounding up their electric bills to the next highest dollar
- Making a one-time donation
- Donating their returned Patronage Capital dollars.
Funds will be allocated on a quarterly basis. Focus areas are:
- Economic Security
- Energy Education
- Emergency/Disaster Relief
- Community Development
Eligible recipients are nonprofit tax-exempt organizations and/or public schools. Individuals are not eligible, but funds may pass through eligible organizations to support individual needs.
The allocation process will consist of an Allocation Committee reviewing applications on a quarterly basis. Allocation decisions will be made within two weeks of the close of the quarter. Distributions will be made within thirty days of the close of the quarter.
We are now accepting grant applications. Organizations interested in being considered for a grant should complete and submit an on-line application by the close of business by the following quarterly deadlines: December 31, March 31, June 30, and September 30.
Below is a list of organizations that have received donations from the Community Fund:
- Capstone Community Action
- Johnson Historical Society
- Boy Scouts of America
- Memphremagog Watershed Association
- Birds of Vermont Museum
- North Country Hospital
- Northwoods Stewardship Center
- Vermont Energy Education Program
- 4-H Aluminum Avian Robotics Team #8526